Happy Birthday

This post is dedicated to my lullaby


There is this one voice that I sleep to each day. Tonight, while the owner of the voice (OotV) is busy studying, I fail to fall asleep, tonight.


 OotV is one of the craziest things to have happened in my life. The one that makes me selfless and mature. Yeah, we were discussing it that day and I realised I really becoming mature. Maybe it is because of the presence of OotV in my life. Maybe, just maybe. It is no secret that OotV has an inflated ego. And such statements just make it worse. But OotV knows what they mean to me.


Now, when I met OotV, I thought they were really pesky. Always wanted to talk about things that I wanted to run away from but once out of frustration (of the situation, not because of OotV), I told them everything. Blurted my heart out. Since that day to this day, they have been nothing but a patient ear. Well more than just that. A pair of strong shoulders to hug me, a sound mind to make me think logically, a kind heart to support me, a firm hand to hold mine.


Well, sometimes we do reverse our roles and I have to knock some sense into OotV. But, than that’s what friends are for. Being crazy, supporting each other, wishing you could be there on their 21st bday.


Oh yeah today OotV turns 21. Join me in wishing OotV a very happy 21st bday. I, somehow, haven’t done justice to them or the relationship we share in this post. But as always, I'm sure OotV will understand what I intent to say and am not saying. They seem to do that a lot with me. (If that is a good or a bad thing, I'm not sure)


Such is our bond that since I had written this on Friday, I had to make some1 proof read it and all those who did thought I was talking about my inner voice. Maybe they are. Sometimes the way they give words to my feelings, the way they say thinks without me saying them is only something someone so close can do. Maybe they truly are my inner voice. 


Happy Birthday, Sloth Bear, Happy 21st. 

10 comments:

  Anonymous

4 May 2009 at 00:06

Happy birthday to your Sloth Bear and OotV.. :D..the post was very interesting.. :)

  mysterious gal

4 May 2009 at 00:22

aww that so sweet and cutest dedications i have read! Happy Birthday nik and i wish this bond of frndship reigns forever :)

  Tweety

4 May 2009 at 00:28

wooowww babes...i am sure Ootv will love this...i loved ur narration rash...how simple n yet hw intriguing...Happy Bday Sloth bear ( i kinda of love this name...i might even use it now.... :P :D)

  Nik

4 May 2009 at 00:30

Thank you...thnks a lot rv. YES i called YOU RV. takke care...thank you!!

God bless you...and all of those who wished me today...and also those who dint know abt it!!!! Bless u guys!!!

Thanks a lot!!

  fms1988

4 May 2009 at 03:06

Awww bless ,That was such a cute post.

Happy Birthday !:)

  Ashrita

4 May 2009 at 08:29

How sweet, Happy Birthday :)

  Aparna (Life Takes)

4 May 2009 at 10:30

you call him ootv and sloth bear??
hehhe

sloth bear suits him better

happy birthday !!!

sweet post

  Arv

4 May 2009 at 14:02

Happy birthday to ur lullaby :)

  Story Teller

4 May 2009 at 18:58

Very Happy birthday to ur lullaby :)

The First contest at Tell a Tale is on in 2 days time. Will look forward to your participation. Best of luck.

  Anurag

5 May 2009 at 11:30

OOtV...Wow... :P He turned 21 :O
I guess it's "nik" right :P

Happy Birthday to him :)