Rear-view mirror

Today, as I got out of the building, I realised I needed to go to the ATM. I went to the ATM near my house but it refused to "dispense" any money. If I didn't have a broken hand, I would have punched it, but I had no choice but to go to the doctor's clinic and see if there was an ATM there.

 

Thankfully, the clinic is near the market area, so there were bound to be atleast an ATM. But no. All ATMs there were either out of order or ones which I couldn't use. I walked on. For a good 25 mins in the blazing sun. I finally found one in some corner on the road.

 

I walked back to the doctor’s clinic and got my reports. When I came out and walked back a little to the rick stand, I realised that there was an ATM 2 steps from the clinic.

 

Being in a philosophical mood, I began thinking. Maybe the thing we actually searching for is left back in the past. We just walk past it and then reach where we are supposed to and continue to search for what is missing. We go on and on. Looking forward. Ahead all the time. Struggling to read a little further for we expect that something to be around the next corner.

 

Just take a look behind. Maybe that’s why cars have a small rear-view mirror too.

 

15 comments:

  Anonymous

8 May 2009 at 20:12

interesting thoughts raash! :)
and yeah, sometimes what u say is true! :)

nice read...!

one small doubt though...
are u always philosophical when u visit the doctor? :) :)

  Anya

8 May 2009 at 20:34

you will marry a doctor guy

chriz

  fms1988

8 May 2009 at 21:47

Good thinking :D

  H.B

8 May 2009 at 21:53

Very interesting. I really liked the way you've linked it all together. It gives a great lesson too. Interesting read Rash :)

  Anonymous

8 May 2009 at 22:02

a very interesting take Rash.. very thoughtful.. :)

  Arslan

9 May 2009 at 04:07

Nice :)

I went past the place I was looking for twice today. Not the same thing I know, but this reminded me of it. :)

(New here and liked this blog) :)

  Arv

9 May 2009 at 10:06

looking back is crucial when done wisely :)

nice write to drive home this point... take care da... cheers...

  Niti

9 May 2009 at 11:30

somehow when it comes to life..those taking back two steps isnt all that easy..

liked it..

  Ashwathy

9 May 2009 at 23:05

very interesting train of thought...! quite true actually!

  Devilish Angel

15 May 2009 at 23:02

Rear-view mirror! Very interesting analogy. This is how I think. Cars have a big windshield and a small rearview mirror - Look more into where you are going and dwell less on the past :)

  Tan

16 May 2009 at 04:11

I'm not a Driver Myself... as you might know, I'm more of a DRIVEN kind...

All I see in a Rear view mirror is: Objects in mirror are closer than they seem to be or somthing like this... :P

  Charu Sharma

20 May 2009 at 17:02

This is a very interesting take Raash..
Kudos..:)

  Material Girl

26 May 2009 at 20:32

Dude, sorry to hijack the space, but you a MAD-ster? :D

Tell me tell me quick :)

~B

  Material Girl

26 May 2009 at 20:38

Shit I'll delete the posts after vre done chatting over comments :) but MADster from Hyd :P

B

  Material Girl

26 May 2009 at 20:43

Haahaha.. Add me :)
I'm off for the day, but will chat up later..

bindu.oommen@gmail.com :D

Cya Rashi :) And the name is Bindu :P

We are having a camp this Fri Sat and Sun, completely new to MAD but having fun all the same :D

B