Rehab!

These were the days when my first book had just come out. A reporter called to take my interview. He and I were so happy. While I hugged him, he whispered and said, " I wonder how many you will mention me. Just try not to make every answer about me." I looked at his face to see a smirk that I had fallen in love with. 

The day the interview was published, he woke up earlier to read it and immediately called me to say," You didnt even mention me once." The same pain in his voice like a small kid who had been refused candy. That evening, I sat with him and showed him how each answer had him somewhere. He just didn't know how to connect the dots. I told him that now, he was embedded it in my very cell. I would need to check into a rehab to get rid of him..

10 years later, I had everything. 5 best sellers and interviews after each launch. I had everything but him. I had suppressed all feelings I had about him and moved on.

Then, one day, I met him at a parking lot. I smiled to hide surprise, the pain and most of all the love. He smiled too. Came up to me and said, " I have been following your work, closely. I must say I'm proud to have known you. I'm running late, but do please call me." He turned around before I could say a word.

I ran home to see if there was even a glimpse of him in my work. I poured of my work of 10 yrs to see if I could see him anywhere. I resigned into my bed some hours later, given up. 

He was everywhere. Maybe I really did need rehab.

9 comments:

  Anonymous

7 May 2009 at 23:05

this was sadly beautiful...

she's not there in his life, but he's still there in her every word? :(

no need to ask whose love was truer...

  mysterious gal

7 May 2009 at 23:10

wow i loved it to the core.....
seriously we all do need rehabs in a lifetime at least once....some addictions are just so much inside us that we dont notice and further dont even know they exist...but they surely do exist forever
Love yr piece as always :D

  Aparna (Life Takes)

7 May 2009 at 23:22

very touching raash...!

loved ones influence our thoughts in some way or other

keep writing ~

  Pavitra

8 May 2009 at 00:14

This is really beautiful....
Sigh..

  Anonymous

8 May 2009 at 00:52

really really beautiful.. it did strike a chord somewhere.. hugs!

  Lancelot

8 May 2009 at 08:49

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.................... beautiful words... Ia m proud to have known u rashi...

  Arv

8 May 2009 at 14:09

:)

beautiful...

but hey it happens... if the symptoms last longer then its time for rehab :P

take care da... cheers...

  Anonymous

8 May 2009 at 16:23

"You didnt even mention me once"....!!! I really love candy raash...

There is no rehab required... cuz only that addiction makes her that wonderful author...

keep it on...

  fms1988

8 May 2009 at 21:50

Wow...!Beautiful